Saturday, February 18, 2012

Architecture and Interior Design

I thought Sarah Susanka's article "Home by Design" was very interesting and I was able to learn more about the relationships between architecture & interior design and the experiences evoked by them. I wish I read her article before buying my house and would have known what to look for in the house.
For the past two years, the office where I work at, has been remodeled a few times. Recently we remodeled our front lobby. We see a lot of traffic in the lobby and we knew we had to remodel it to make it more welcoming, efficient, and usable. I wish I had a picture before the remodeling. The place was very small, with not much seating. So the front lobby was very cramped during our walk-in hours which reflected poorly on our customer service to our international students. In addition to our remodeled lobby, we have remodeled our offices. We were able to choose our furniture and its style so it fits our work environments. We also do student advising in our offices. I think the new offices are more welcoming to our students. I have a bid window in my office which enlivens the room.

Pictures of the front lobby of my office:





No comments:

Post a Comment