Saturday, April 7, 2012

Imaginative Bridges post on Fashion

This week's module is fashion. I agree that fashion is not only about nice stylish clothes. I agree that it is about creating oneself, forming one's identity and image. How one dresses at work, school, is how one presents himself. How does fashion relates to education? I have been working on a website for children. I have to present/create in such a way that it is compelling and kids want to come back to it. It has to be colorful and well presented, easy to navigate and not only good on outside but on inside as well.

At work, I have I have to dress well since I often have meetings with coworkers, other staff from MSU campus, and I also present. By dressing well, I feel more confident in myself when I present workshops, I feel more stylish, and truly speaking, in a better mood. I believe how you are dressed and how you present yourself is how your speakers will pay attention to your presentation.

I remember one funny thing about fashion. My mom came to visit me from Europe. We went to a grocery store. She actually dresses up to go to grocery store! Once we got to grocery store, she gasped when she saw some people in pajamas, some in sweatshirts and sweatpants. It was an eye opening how differently we understand fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment