Saturday, March 24, 2012

Music in Teaching

I am currently working on creating a website for children where they could learn basic Lithuanian. As I am studying "music" in this week's module, I am thinking how can I incorporate music into my website and teaching. I think children learn faster and memorize better with music. My son who is currently learning Lithuanian did not know much Lithuanian but he knew a few songs and poems in Lithuanian. This helped him learn pronunciation of words and improve his listening skills.
As I am working on a few assignments to teach colors and numbers using iMovie, I am thinking of adding music in the background which will attract student's attention and will keep them interested throughout assignment. The music will have to be catchy and grabbing with the "hook" at the beginning and then continuously repeating throughout the video.
I am also thinking of incorporating the use of Lithuanian songs to teach Lithuanian in my website. The use of Lithuanian songs will teach children grammar, accent, vocabulary. Children will not be forced to sit at the desk to learn vocabularies. Vocabulary can be learned through positive and memorable experience rather than forceful and negative experience. Children will feel motivated to learn the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment